Berlin Attractions and Tourism: When in Berlin Information
There are numerous, impressive attractions to see in Berlin that there is sure to be something for everyone. Whether visitors are looking for thrills and excitement, Berlin history, landmarks and exhibitions, or animals and the more exotic, they will not have to look far.
Berlin Attractions and Tourism: Major Places of Interest
The 'Welcome Card' provides large discounts of up to 50% on museum and attraction admissions, as well as free inner-city transport on trains and buses. This is available at tourist offices, ticket offices and at some hotels and is valid for three days. Here are some of our top recommendations.
Some of the top attractions in the Berlin area include:
- Berliner Dom
- Berlin Botanical Garden and Museum (Botanischer Garten und Museum)
- Brandenburg Gate
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Centre - New Synagogue (Centrum Judaicum - Neue Synagogue)
- Berlin Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche
- Neue Synagogue-Centrum Judaicum
- Berlin Olympiastadion
- Berlin Oranienburger Strasse 28-30
- Potsdamer Platz and the New Centre
- Berlin Reichstag (Parliament Building)
- Schloss Charlottenburg
- Soviet War Memorials
- Spandau Citadel (Spandauer Zitadelle)
- Spree Forest (Spreewald)
- Berlin Stasi HQ
- Berlin Television Tower (Fernsehturm)
- The 'Story of Berlin' Exhibition
- The Potsdam Tourismus GmbH
- The Wannsee Conference House (Haus der Wannsee Konferenz)
- Berlin Unter den Linden
- Berlin Zoological Gardens (Zoologischer Garten)
Berlin Attractions and Tourism: Popular Excursions from Berlin
Popular tourism excursions close to Berlin include a number of short trips to nearby towns and villages, all of which are within easy reach of central Berlin. Hiring a car is a particularly convenient way to travel outside of Berlin, although other transport options in Berlin include taxis, buses, trams, scooters and bicycles.
Book your Berlin Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Berlin (SXF) Airports Information Guides
Berlin (THF) Airports Information Guides
Berlin (TXL) Airports Information Guides